Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Rebuilding

We're one-for-everything on the keep/delete measure, so I'm thinking that my categories are far too broad.  From now on, instead of a binary system, I'm splitting music into three categories.  Retconned immediately:

Initially, I really wanted to make a cultural reference, but I just couldn't find a way to make a magnificent trio into something that split into something I loved, was okay with, and hated.  Seriously, if you were a great trio (like Groucho, Chico, and Harpo), I loved all of you... the best I could do was Butters, Kyle, and Cartman, and even that was a poor measure.

Over a time, I went back to square one: run, walk, or stay.  This should be pretty easy to understand, but let's clarify:

StayI want to stay with this song; this is a cozy tune I will listen to in my normal life, like any song I'd listen to as a normal guy listening to music I love.  This is the highest praise I can give.
WalkI can walk away. It's not bad... it may even be good, but it's not good enough for me to stay.  Even if I appreciate this song, it's not good enough to hang in my headphones for weeks; even if I'm not keen on this tune, it's not so bad as the music that inspires RUN!
RUN!Oh please, make it stop.  It's hard to believe anyone can listen to music this empty and soulless without being sucked into a terrible void.  Your best bet is to run like hell and hope the zombie apocalypse doesn't catch up to you.


I kept trying to make it more fun, but I like Blossom, Bubbles. and Butterercup equally.... and I tried Zim, Dib, and Gaz... Michael, Buster, and GOB...  even Team Venture, Sphinx, and The Guild... but I can't actually find a trio where I love one member, am ambivalent about another, and hate the third.

For right now, you're stuck with my arbitrary rating system

No comments:

Post a Comment